Dreamy Desserts was founded by Penny Redlin and has been doing awesome custom orders for a number of years so when I found out she was launching a Kickstarter campaign to open a storefront I was so excited! Here’s the cake she made for my son’s birthday last year – it was free of my daughter’s allergens as well as vegan!
My reasons for why this is an awesome idea:
- Las Vegas is an International City – visitors come from all over and many of them deal with food allergies. How cool would it be for them to stop by an allergy friendly bakery?
- Allergy Friendly on the Fly – Friends ask me all the time where they can get safe treats for my kids. Sometimes a gathering comes up last minute and you can’t plan ahead, being able to grab some fresh cookies or beautiful cupcakes would be great!
- Dreamy Desserts is already part of the allergy community – Penny’s son cannot have peanuts or tree nuts so she knows what we go through.
- Dreamy Desserts is ready to grow – this is not an idea that came out of thin air, Penny has been successfully operating an online bakery and she is already a seasoned businesswoman with the frameworks in place to hit the ground running.
- You’ll brighten someone’s day – the campaign just started, put a smile on Penny’s face with even a small pledge!
Penny has made several things for my kiddos’ birthdays, look at these vegan, nut, oat, and sesame free cupcake push pops! They tasted lovely and made every guest feel included.